Pharmaceutical and chemical companies questioned on facilitating UK-EU trade
19 June 2020
The EU Goods Sub-Committee hears evidence from the businesses in the pharmaceuticals and chemicals sectors on how to facilitate UK-EU trade beyond tariffs.
Monday 22 June 2020 at 10.30am , virtual meeting
the Committee will hear from:
- Dr Louise Gill, Head of Policy, Global Regulatory Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline
- Richard Ayton, Director of Government Affairs, Dow Chemical UK and Ireland
Areas of interest
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- What regulatory provisions would you like to see in the UK-EU trade agreement?
- How important is the mutual recognition of good manufacturing practices / conformity assessments?
- What form should UK-EU cooperation on market surveillance take?
- How will new UK-EU customs procedures at the end of the transition period impact your businesses?
- Do you have any specific concerns?
- Are there any unilateral measures that the UK could take to reduce non-tariff barriers to UK-EU trade?