Trade, customs and logistics experts questioned on facilitating UK-EU trade
1 July 2020
- Parliament TV: “Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods”
- Call for evidence: “Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods”
- Inquiry: “Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods”
On Monday 6 July 2020
The Committee will hear from:
- Shanker Singham, Chief Executive Officer, Competere
- Dr Anna Jerzewska, Independent Customs and Trade Consultant, UN International Trade Centre
- Professor Michael Ambühl, Professor of Negotiation and Conflict Management, ETH Zurich
At 11.00am, the Committee will hear from:
- Alex Veitch, Head of International Policy, Freight Transport Association
- Dominique Willems, Senior Manager, CLECAT
- Robert Hardy, Operations Director, Oakland Invicta
Areas of interest
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- How significant are non-tariff barriers as a potential obstacle to UK-EU trade in manufactured goods?
- What lessons can be drawn from other trade agreements on how to reduce the impact of non-tariff barriers?
- How prepared is the customs and logistics industry for the end of the transition period?
- What extra customs procedures will there be and how could these be reduced through the UK-EU agreement?