Information Commissioner questioned by DCMS Sub-committee
22 January 2021
Elizabeth Denham will appear before the DCMS Sub-committee on Online Harms and Disinformation to discuss the Information Commissioner’s Office's role in protecting individuals’ data privacy.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: Online harms and the ethics of data
- About the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Sub-committee on Online Harms and Disinformation
- About the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Purpose of the session
MPs are expected to raise a number of issues under the Office’s remit.
This includes ongoing concerns about the use of personal data in targeted online advertising and the privacy of technology designed to tackle the coronavirus pandemic, such as NHS Test and Trace or the covid-19 app.
Also on the agenda will be the recent investigations by the Information Commissioner’s Office into high-profile data breaches, organisations’ data practices and the adtech and real-time bidding industry.
Tuesday 26 January, 10am
- Elizabeth Denham CBE, Information Commissioner, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Paul Arnold, Deputy CEO and Chief Operating Officer, Information Commissioner’s Office