Advertising Standards Authority give evidence to Committee
4 November 2019
- Parliament TV: Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee
- Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee
Tuesday 5 November in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
At approximately 10.35am
- Lord Currie, Chairman, Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)
- Guy Parker, CEO, Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)
At approximately 11.30am
- Eric Salama, CEO, Kantar
- Paul Bainsfair, Director General, Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
- Keith Weed, President, Advertising Association.
Possible areas for discussion
The first session with the ASA will focus on the differences between regulating online and offline advertising, the relationship between the ASA and online platforms and whether the ASA should review its decision not to regulate political advertising in light of its increasing use online.
The second session will cover developments in microtargeted advertising, how the effectiveness of political advertising is measured, where advertisers get their data from and how much social media companies shape advertising.