Former EU Commissioner Sir Julian King discusses UK's cybersecurity future
4 March 2020
The Select Committee on Democracy and Digital Technologies will hear from Sir Julian King, former ambassador to Ireland and France, and the UK's last commissioner in Brussels, on the online threats to the UK's democratic systems and what we can learn from European neighbours.
- Parliament TV: Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee
- Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee
Wednesday 4 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
Sir Julian King, former EU security commissioner
Possible areas for discussion
- To what extent should we be concerned about the state of online political activity in the UK? In comparison to EU member states, how equipped is the UK to deal with misuse of online spaces?
- How important is international collaboration in identifying and countering foreign misinformation and interference campaigns?
- What should be the future of the UK's role in international cooperation on cyber security?