Activists and academics to discuss algorithmic design
24 February 2020
The Select Committee on Democracy and Digital Technology will this week hear evidence on algorithmic design from online activists and a leading academic.
- Parliament TV: Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee
- Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee
Tuesday 25 February in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
At approximately 11.30am
- Dr Jennifer Cobbe, University of Cambridge
- Christoph Schott, Campaign Director, Avaaz
- Alaphia Zayab, Senior Campaigner, Avaaz
Possible areas for discussion
This session will focus on how algorithms shape what people see online and how they can promote disinformation, how bias in algorithmic design can be tackled and whether algorithms cause new behaviours or confirm users existing behaviours and beliefs.