UK's biggest gambling firms questioned on safer gambling commitments
4 February 2020
The Select Committee on the Social and Economic Impact of the Gambling Industry takes evidence from the chief executives of the UK's biggest gambling firms, and the chair of the Betting and Gaming Council.
- Parliament TV: Select Committee on the Social and Economic Impact of the Gambling Industry
- Select Committee on the Social and Economic Impact of the Gambling Industry
Tuesday 4 February in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Kenny Alexander, Chief Executive of GVC
- Ulrik Bengtsson, Chief Executive of William Hill
- John Coates, Joint Chief Executive of Bet365
- Conor Grant, Chief Operating Officer of Sky Betting and Gaming
- Dan Taylor, Chief Executive of Paddy Power Betfair (the UK arm of Flutter)
- Brigid Simmonds OBE, Chair of the Betting and Gaming Council.
Areas of discussion
Questions are likely to focus on:
- The gambling industry's five core safer gambling commitments;
- The justification for gambling operators live-streaming exclusive FA Cup matches;
- Affordability checks on high-spending customers;
- Improvements to the current self-exclusion system;
- The relationship between VIP schemes and gambling-related harms; and
- The use of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to stop customers reporting regulatory breaches.