Electoral registration officers questioned on the operation of the Act
3 September 2019
The Select Committee on the Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 questions electoral registration officers from three local councils on the operation of the 2013 Act.
- Parliament TV: Electoral Registration Act 2013
- Select Committee on the Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013
Tuesday 3 September in Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Glynne Morgan, Electoral Services Manager, Pembrokeshire County Council
- Ms Clare Oakley, Electoral Services Manager, London Borough of Camden
- Mr Andrew Tiffin, Elections & Registration Manager, Hart District Council
- Has the introduction of individual registration been positive?
- How have local authorities managed online registration and surges of public interest around general elections and referendums?
- What impact has the introduction of individual electoral registration had on efforts to reach under-registered groups?
- Does the Government properly fund councils for the cost of running elections?
- How big a problem is electoral fraud? What shape does it most often come in?
- What are the key problems in relation to the annual canvass?