Chief Electoral Officer of Canada gives evidence to Committee
10 March 2020
Tuesday 10 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Stéphane Perrault, Chief Electoral Officer of Canada
- Lord Woolley of Woodford, Founder and Director, Operation Black Vote
- Imran Sanaullah MBE, CEO, Patchwork Foundation
- Can you give an overview of how electoral registration works in Canada?
- Can you explain how the online registration and look-up tool for electoral registration works?
- Are there any gaps in the register between different demographic, socio-economic, or other groups? How does Elections Canada monitor these and seek to ensure harder to reach groups are registered?
- How significant a concern is fraud in electoral registration and administration in Canada?
- What do you see as the main barriers and challenges for boosting registration and engagement of BAME groups in British elections?
- How would you rate the Government's efforts to improve registration among under-registered groups?
- Are there any aspects of voting or electoral administration which you think has a disproportionate impact on ethnic minorities or other demographic groups?
- What is your view of the Government's decision to introduce photographic voter ID requirements at polling stations?