DCMS Committee to question BBC chiefs on licence fee, impartiality, and earnings
5 September 2022
MPs will question BBC heads on how the broadcaster plans to remain relevant and effective in the modern media landscape.
- Watch Parliament TV: The work of the BBC
- Inquiry: The work of the BBC
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
The Committee is expected to examine how the BBC’s offering is impacted by a more polarised political atmosphere and the need to demonstrate commercial value. With evasion rates and inflation soaring, the Committee is likely to question the BBC chiefs on the future of the licence fee.
The scrutiny session may also cover the earnings of the top on-air talent, as well as gender, LGBTQ+, and disability pay gaps.
Tuesday 6 September
- Tim Davie CBE, Director General, BBC
- Richard Sharp, Chair, BBC
- Leigh Tavaziva, Chief Operating Officer, BBC