Channel 4 chiefs questioned on Government plans for privatisation
11 July 2022
Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee question the Chief Executive and Operating Officers of Channel 4 on their thoughts on Government plans to privatise the broadcaster.
- Watch Parliament TV: The work of Channel 4
- Inquiry: The work of Channel 4
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Tuesday 12 July 2022
- Dr Alex Mahon, Chief Executive
- Jonathan Allan, Chief Operating Officer
- Sinead Rocks, Managing Director, Nations and Regions
Questions are expected to cover whether privatisation will increase or decrease the channel’s impact and contribution to the sector, as well as explore Channel 4’s alternative proposal, `4: The Next Episode’.
The Committee may examine whether Channel 4 is on target for its viewership and revenue goals and explore its work in the nations and regions. The session is also expected to ask about the Secretary of State’s recent comments suggesting that the reality show Tower Block of Commons, in which she appeared, featured paid actors. MPs are likely to inquire after the progress of Channel 4’s investigation into the matter.