MPs examine role of local arts projects in regeneration and levelling up
19 April 2022
The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee session focuses on the challenges of using cultural programmes and arts projects to drive regeneration.
- Watch Parliament TV: Reimagining where we live: cultural placemaking and the levelling up agenda
- Inquiry: Reimagining where we live: cultural placemaking and the levelling up agenda
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Thursday 21 April 2022, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Sanaz Amidi, Chief Executive and Trustee, Rosetta Arts
- Keith Merrin, Director, Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums
- Clare Reddington, Chief Executive, Watershed
- Councillor Abi Brown, Council Leader, Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Tim Joel, Head of Culture, Preston City Council
It is expected to explore the role of arts and cultural organisations in communities, how they engage with local authorities and issues around funding. There may also be questions on the decline of the high street and the role of culture in the regeneration of local public spaces, and how local councils interact with the Government and Arts Council England.
Image: UK Parliament/Tyler Allicock