Azeem Rafiq to give evidence to MPs with questions facing senior YCCC leadership and ECB
11 November 2021
MPs will hear from former cricketer Azeem Rafiq about his calls for disciplinary action to be taken by Yorkshire County Cricket Club following its investigation which found he had been subjected to racial harassment and bullying.
Purpose of the session
Former YCCC chair Roger Hutton, current Chief Executive Mark Arthur and Director of Medical Services Wayne Morton face questions about the club’s handling of the case.
The role of the English and Wales Cricket Board, its process for dealing with complaints and the wider implications for cricket will also be considered with CEO Tom Harrison and Chair Barry O’Brien.
Tuesday 16 November
- Azeem Rafiq, former Yorkshire cricketer
Panel 2 (from approx. 10.15):
- Roger Hutton, former Chair, Yorkshire County Cricket Club
- Mark Arthur, Chief Executive, Yorkshire County Cricket Club
- Wayne Morton, Director of Medical Services, Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Panel 3 (from approx. 11.30):
- Tom Harrison, Chief Executive Officer, England and Wales Cricket Board
- Barry O’Brien, Chair, England and Wales Cricket Board
Image: Parliamentary copyright