MPs call in Minister over failure to reach agreement with EU on visa-free touring
11 February 2021
In a one-off session Digital and Culture Minister Caroline Dinenage will be questioned about the Government’s handling of negotiations with the EU, intended to enable visa-free travel for creative workers.
Purpose of the session
MPs will also hear from representatives across the creative sectors, including music, theatre and screen, about what impact the failure to reach agreement is having on their industries as a result of an end to visa-free travel. The change affects visas and work permits for UK workers going to the EU, EU workers travelling to the UK, and the transport of touring equipment.
The Committee will consider proposals put forward by the industry as well as prospects for Government renegotiation with the EU and member states.
Tuesday 16 February
- Deborah Annetts, Chief Executive, Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Lyndsay Duthie, Chief Executive, The Production Guild of Great Britain
- Paule Constable, Lighting Designer, Freelancers Make Theatre Work
Panel 2, from 11am:
- Caroline Dinenage MP, Minister for Digital and Culture, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Alastair Jones, Deputy Director for the Creative and Cultural Touring Project, Department for Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
Image: Parliamentary copyright