MPs to hear from sector leaders on the future of gyms and sports venues
7 January 2021
The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Committee will hear how the covid-19 pandemic and Government restrictions—including the latest national lockdown—has affected gyms, leisure centres, climbing walls and other sports venues.
- Watch live: Sport in our communities
- Find out more about the inquiry: Sport in our communities
- About the DCMS Committee
Purpose of the session
Hearing from gym chain PureGym as well as representative bodies ukactive and Community Leisure, the session will consider the economic challenges for a wide variety of sport facilities and businesses.
It will also consider the impact on customers and the community, safety considerations, and what is needed to secure the sector’s long-term future.
Tuesday 12 January
- Rich Emerson, Chief Executive, The Climbing Academies, and former chair of the Association of British Climbing Walls
- Rebecca Passmore, UK Managing Director, PureGym
- Marg Mayne, Chief Executive, Mytime Active, and treasurer of Community Leisure UK
- Huw Edwards, Chief Executive, ukactive