Information Commissioner questioned on cyber security and online data protection
25 January 2016
The Culture, Media and Sport Committee takes evidence from Information Commissioner, Christopher Graham, and Dr Simon Rice, Group Manager of the Information Commissioner's Office, as part of its inquiry into cyber security and protection of personal data online.
- Watch Parliament TV: Cyber Security: Protection of Personal Data Online
- Inquiry: Cyber Security: Protection of Personal Data Online
- Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Wednesday 27 January 2016, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Christopher Graham, Information Commissioner
- Dr Simon Rice, Group Manager (Technology) Information Commissioner's Office
In light of the attack on TalkTalk's website last October, the Committee holds an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding this data breach incident and the wider implications for telecoms and internet service providers of such threats. Dido Harding, TalkTalk's chief executive, gave evidence in December and the Committee now takes evidence from the Information Commissioner.
The Information Commissioner's Office is the primary regulator on data protection issues. The final evidence session in this inquiry is expected to be with the Minister responsible for cyber security and data protection matters.