BBC annual report and accounts 2014-15 examined
10 September 2015
The Culture, Media and Sport Committee holds a one-off evidence session to consider the BBC's annual report and accounts for 2014-15.
Tuesday 15 September 2015, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Lord Hall of Birkenhead, Director-General, BBC
- Anne Bulford OBE, Managing Director, BBC Finance and Operations
- James Purnell, Director of Strategy and Operations, BBC
- Rona Fairhead CBE, Chairman, BBC Trust
- Richard Ayre, Trustee, BBC Trust
- Alex Towers, Director, BBC Trust
Purpose of the session
The purpose of the session is to consider the BBC's performance in the last year. It is a timely session as the Department for Culture, Media and Sport is consulting on the position of the BBC in its Green Paper ahead of Charter Review and the Director-General set out his strategy for the Corporation beyond 2016 earlier this week.
Members ask questions around both of these. Another issue covered is the licence fee settlement that was agreed between the Government and the BBC in July 2015. The Committee plans to hold a further session with the BBC on the Green Paper later in the year as part of its inquiry into Charter Review.