How do schools and governing bodies address homophobia in sport?
8 November 2016
Culture, Media and Sport Committee hears from sportsmen and women as part of its inquiry into Homophobia in Sport.
- Watch Parliament TV: Homophobia in Sport
- Inquiry: Homophobia in Sport
- Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Tuesday 8 November 2016, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- John Amaechi OBE, former basketball player
- Tom Bosworth, racewalker
- Nigel Owens (via video link)
- Lianne Sanderson, footballer (via video link)
Focus of the session
This session focuses on the personal experiences of sportspeople and the Committee hears from witnesses involved in different sports.
The Homophobia in sport inquiry was launched in April 2016 and addresses a range of issues such as the experiences of gay sportsmen and women; the approach of governance bodies; how homophobia is being tackled in schools and whether particular sports have more of a problem with homophobia than others.