Committee publishes exchange of letters with Secretary of State about the appointment for Charity Commission Chair
22 February 2018
After the DCMS Committee's letter to Matt Hancock MP of 20th February rejecting Baroness Stowell's candidacy as the Chair of the Charity Commission, today the Committee is publishing a further exchange of letters with the Secretary of State on this matter.
Today's published correspondence:
- A letter from Matt Hancock MP expressing his full backing for Baroness Stowell's appointment, dated 21st February
- The Committee's response requesting further clarification to their original questions set out in the letter of the 20th February.
The Committee will also publish a short report about the appointment in due course.
More information here on how pre-appointment hearings work.
Watch the pre-appointment hearing held on 20 February 2018.
- Related inquiry: The work of the Charity Commission
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees