Five Ministers to be questioned on cross-govt working on participation in culture and sports
6 December 2018
For its last session on this topic, the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee will question Ministers from the Justice (Edward Argar MP) Health and Social Care (Steve Brine MP), DCMS (Mims Davies MP, Michael Ellis MP) and Education (Nick Gibb MP) government departments.
- Watch Parliament TV: The social impact of participation in culture and sport
- Inquiry: The social impact of participation in culture and sport
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Wednesday 12 December 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Edward Argar MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice
- Steve Brine MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Public Health and Primary Care
- Mims Davies MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport and Civil Society
- Michael Ellis MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism
- Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for School Standards
Focus of the session
Participating in cultural activities and sport has proven positive impacts on health outcomes, educational attainment and criminal justice. But how are government departments working together to better maximise the benefits, ensure value for money and coherent cross-government working?