Committee takes evidence from the Gambling Commission
19 July 2019
Are in-game purchases like loot boxes a form of gambling? Gambling Commission questioned by DCMS Committee
- Watch Parliament TV: Immersive and addictive technologies
- Inquiry: Immersive and addictive technologies
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Monday 22 July, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Neil McArthur, Chief Executive, Gambling Commission
- Brad Enright, Programme Director, Gambling Commission
About the session
The Gambling Commission will be in front of the DCMS Committee on Monday 22nd July from 2.30pm to discuss their current regulatory position on loot boxes and the actions being taken to tackle the use of in-game items to facilitate unlicensed gambling.
Other likely topics include: National Lottery licensing competition, which the Commission has responsibility for running; the stake reduction to FOBTs; changes to age and identity verification for remote gambling; and the voluntary industry levy to tackle problem gambling.