Charity Commission Chair pre-appointment hearing
20 February 2018
The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee holds a pre-appointment hearing for the Government's preferred candidate for the new Chair of the Charity Commission, Baroness Stowell.
- Watch Parliament TV: Pre-appointment hearing for the Chair of the Charity Commission
- Inquiry: Appointment of the Chair of the Charity Commission
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Tuesday 20 February 2018, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Baroness Stowell of Beeston, Government's preferred candidate for Chair of the Charity Commission for England and Wales.
Focus of the session
MPs have the opportunity to ask Baroness Stowell about, amongst other issues, the skills she would bring to the role, her experience in the charity sector, and her view of the strategic priorities for, and risks facing, the Charity Commission.
Baroness Stowell has had a long career in public life including in the Civil Service, the BBC and Government, as well as in business.
- Related inquiry: The work of the Charity Commission
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees