Committee to question Executive Producer of Jeremy Kyle show in reality TV inquiry
21 June 2019
In the first session of the inquiry into reality TV Tom McLennan, Executive Producer of The Jeremy Kyle Show and Director of Entertainment, North, ITV Studios, will appear before MPs.
Tuesday 25 June, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Julian Bellamy, Managing Director, ITV Studios
- Tom McLennan, Director of Entertainment, North ITV Studios & Executive Producer, The Jeremy Kyle Show
- Graham Stanier, Director of Aftercare, The Jeremy Kyle Show
At approximately 11.30am
- Dame Carolyn McCall, Chief Executive, ITV plc
- Sir Peter Bazalgette, Chairman, ITV plc
- Chris Wissun, Director of Content Compliance, ITV plc
About the session
Questions are expected to focus on the duty of care exercised towards participants. Joining him, Graham Stanier, Director of Aftercare, and ITV Studios' managing director Julian Bellamy. The session will also consider wider issues facing reality TV shows, such as ITV's Love Island, including what support is offered during and after filming, and how procedures are monitored.
ITV's senior executives including CEO Carolyn McCall and Chairman Sir Peter Bazalgette will give evidence in a second panel.
A range of former participants and programme makers will be invited to give evidence during July and into the autumn.