Committee to hear further evidence on the social impact of participation in culture and sport
14 November 2018
The Committee is to hold an evidence session to evaluate the impact of culture and sport on learning and life chances.
- Watch Parliament TV: The social impact of participation in culture and sport
- Inquiry: The social impact of participation in culture and sport
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Wednesday 14 November 2018, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Naveed Idrees, Headteacher, Feversham Primary Academy
- Debbie Lye, Chief Executive, Spirit of 2012 Trust
- Helen O'Donnell, Chief Executive, Children's University
Focus of the session
The DCMS Committee continues its inquiry into the social impact of participation in culture and sport with a focus today on what impact culture and sport have on determining educational outcomes, social mobility and life chances. The session will consider links between arts, sports and educational achievement, the place of arts and sport in the curriculum in schools, funding, and how educational impact is measured.