Committee examines UK-EU trading relationship
22 April 2021
The International Trade Committee session focuses on the level playing field provisions of the UK-EU Trade and Co-operation Agreement.
- Watch Parlaiment TV: UK-EU trading relationship
- Inquiry: UK-EU trading relationship
- International Trade Committee
Thursday 22 April, virtual meeting
- Dr Emily Lydgate, Deputy Director, UK Trade Policy Observatory (University of Sussex)
- Dr Damian Raess, Professor at the World Trade Institute, University of Bern
- James Webber, Partner, Shearman and Sterling
Emily Lydgate is a specialist in international trade law. She has published extensively on international trade law, focusing in particular on its implications for protection of the natural environment.
Damian Raess specialises in international and comparative political economy. His main research interests lie in the nexus between globalisation and labour. His new project deals with the incorporation of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) economies in the world economy and its consequences for labour politics and employment relations in Europe and in the BRICS.
James Webber is a partner in the Antitrust practice of the law firm Shearman & Sterling. He focuses on EU and UK antitrust law.