International Trade Committee membership agreed
2 March 2020
The International Trade Committee membership for the 2019 Parliament has been agreed by the House.
The Chair and Members of the Committee are:
- Angus Brendan MacNeil MP (Chair) (Scottish National Party)
- Robert Courts MP (Conservative)
- Mark Garnier MP (Conservative)
- Paul Girvan MP (Democratic Unionist Party)
- Sir Mark Hendrick MP (Labour (Co-op))
- Mark Menzies MP (Conservative)
- Gareth Thomas MP (Labour (Co-op))
- Martin Vickers MP (Conservative)
- Matt Western MP (Labour)
- Mick Whitley MP (Labour)
- Craig Williams MP (Conservative)
The Committee’s first meeting will be held on Wednesday 4 March in private, and details of its future work programme will be announced in due course.
Election of chairs and members
Committee chairs were elected by a secret ballot of all MPs in January 2020. The members of committees are then selected by their parties through an internal ballot, for agreement by the House.
The allocation of chairs and the membership of select committees broadly reflects the balance of political parties in the House.
- House of Commons: Election of Select Committee Chairs
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees
Image: Parliamentary copyright