Academics and experts questioned on digital trade and data
26 January 2021
The International Trade Committee hears from two panels of witnesses. The first panel, comprising academics and experts, will provide an overview of the domestic and international law relevant to digital trade and the international movement of data. Witnesses will consider the digital trade and data provisions in the UK-Japan Free Trade Agreement, as well as how these issues might be addressed in future agreements the UK negotiates.
The Committee then hears from a second panel, comprising business representatives, who will share an industry perspective on digital trade issues.
- Watch Parliament TV: Digital trade and data
- Inquiry: Digital trade and data
- International Trade Committee
Wednesday 27 January, virtual meeting
- Hosuk Lee-Makiyama, Director of the European Centre for International Political Economy
- Prof. Elaine Fahey, Jean Monnet Chair in Law and Transatlantic Relations, City Law School, University of London
- Javier Ruiz Diaz, Policy Consultant
- Dr Emily Jones, Associate Professor in Public Policy, Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
- Diana Avila, Global Head of Banking and Expansion, TransferWise
- Nick Ashton-Hart, Special Adviser for International Internet Policy, International Chamber of Commerce UK
- David Holman, Director, Armour Communications