Lessons for Brexit from Canada-EU trade negotiations?
17 January 2018
The Exiting the European Union Committee examines the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) negotiations between Canada and the EU.
- Watch Parliament TV: The progress of the UK's negotiations on EU withdrawal
- Inquiry: The progress of the UK's negotiations on EU withdrawal
- Exiting the European Union Committee
This oral evidence session is part of the Committee's overarching inquiry looking at the progress of the UK's negotiations on EU withdrawal.
In this meeting, the Committee focuses on what lessons can be learned from the CETA negotiations between Canada and the EU and to what extent the final agreement matches the UK Government's stated desire for a bespoke deal.
Wednesday 17 January 2018, Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Lorand Bartels, University of Cambridge and adviser on trade to Linklaters Solicitors
- Christophe Bondy, PIL lawyer at Cooley (UK) LLP and Legal Counsel to the Canadian Government during the CETA negotiations
- William Swords, Chair of the Canada-UK Chamber of Commerce
- Read the House of Commons Library briefing on CETA: the EU-Canada free trade agreement
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees
Image: Creative Commons