Committee examines impact of UK-EU agreement on key economic sectors
11 January 2021
The Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union returns on Wednesday 13 January, with an evidence session examining the impact of the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement on key sectors of the UK economy.
- Watch Parliament TV: Progress of the negotiations on the UK’s Future Relationship with the EU
- Inquiry: Progress of the negotiations on the UK’s Future Relationship with the EU
- Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union
In its urgent report published on 30 December, the Committee stated its intention to examine the Trade and Cooperation Agreement in greater detail in the new year. In this evidence session, the Committee will question representatives from the manufacturing and food and drink sectors on the content and implications of the 1246-page agreement.
Questions are expected to focus on what has been agreed, outstanding issues still to be resolved, and how the terms of the Agreement have been implemented, for example at the UK-EU border.
Wednesday 13 January
- Stephen Phipson, CEO, Make UK
- Andrew Opie, Director, British Retail Consortium
- Ian Wright, CEO, Food and Drink Federation