Committee questions Michael Gove and Lord Frost
5 October 2020
The Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union examines the state of play following the ninth round of formal talks, and ahead of a European Council summit on 15-16 October.
- Watch Parliament TV: Progress of the negotiations on the UK’s Future Relationship with the EU
- Inquiry: Progress of the negotiations on the UK’s Future Relationship with the EU
- Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union
Wednesday 7 October 2020, virtual meeting
- Michael Gove MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Lord Frost, Prime Minister’s Europe Adviser and Chief Negotiator of Task Force Europe
Members are expected to focus on key areas of negotiation, including the level playing field, fisheries, and the governance of any future relationship agreement.
The Committee will also consider what preparations are required for the end of the transition period on 31 December. Members are expected to focus on changes to the current border operating model and Government communications highlighting the end of the transition period, as well as levels of business readiness and what support will be required.
The Committee will also question the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster on progress made in recent meetings of the Joint Committee on the implementation of the Withdrawal Agreement, including on Citizens’ rights and the Ireland/Northern Ireland Protocol.
Image: Parliamentary copyright