BEIS Committee begins Thomas Cook inquiry
10 October 2019
The BEIS Committee's inquiry is focussing on issues around the stewardship of the company, executive remuneration, accounting practices and the role of auditors.
- Watch on Parliament TV: Thomas Cook
- Inquiry: Thomas Cook
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
Purpose of the session
Tuesday morning's evidence hearing is expected to focus on questions around Thomas Cook's rescue plan, corporate governance and the role of the Thomas Cook board, the debt taken on by the company, accounting practices, and the setting of CEO pay.
In future weeks, the Committee will question Thomas Cook auditors PwC and EY (on Tuesday 22nd October), the Financial Reporting Council and Insolvency Service, former Thomas Cook CFO Bill Scott, and former CEOs Harriet Green and Manny Fontenla-Novoa (dates tbc). The Committee will also hear from witnesses including Manuel Cortes, General Secretary, TSSA.
Tuesday 15th October, Room TBC
- Peter Fankhauser, former Thomas Cook CEO
- Frank Meysman, former Chairman
- Sten Daugaard, former Chief Financial Officer
- Martine Verluyten, former Chair of Audit Committee
- Warren Tucker, former Chair of Remuneration Committee
Image: PA/Clara Margais