Committee visits Northampton as part of its inquiry into apprenticeships
13 March 2012
The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee visits Northampton on Tuesday 13 March as part of its major inquiry into apprenticeships.
During the visit, members of the cross-party Committee - which is tasked with scrutinising the work of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills -will undertake visits to Church & Co (Footwear) Ltd, GE Precision Engineering Ltd and Cosworth Ltd. The Committee will also be holding a formal evidence session in the afternoon at The Guildhall, Northampton.
The schedule of witnesses for the formal evidence session is as follows:
- Professor Nick Petford, Vice Chancellor of Northampton University
- Len Closs, Principal of Northampton College of Further Education
- Mike Griffith, Head Teacher of Northampton School for Boys
- Dr Ann Limb OBE DL, Chair of the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership
- Councillor David Mackintosh, Leader of Northampton Borough Council
- Councillor Jim Harker, Leader of Northampton County Council
- Peter Mawson, Chief Executive of West Northamptonshire Development Corporation
- Paul Southworth, Chairman, Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership
- David Rolton, Director, Rolton Group
- Milan Shah, Chair of the Governing Council for the University of Northampton and Board member of the Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership
- Mike Conway, Head of Employee Relations, Barclaycard
This session will be held in the Jeffery Room at the Guildhall, Northampton. The Guildhall's address is as follows:
St Giles Square
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats.