Ministers questioned on Productivity Plan
3 November 2015
The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee is holding an inquiry into the Government's Productivity Plan. After taking evidence from a wide range of stakeholders, the Committee questions the Government on its approach and implementation of the Plan and how they will measure its success.
- Watch Parliament TV: Productivity Plan
- Inquiry: Productivity Plan
- Business, Innovation and Skills Committee
Tuesday 3 November, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Anna Soubry MP, Minister for Small Business, Industry and Enterprise, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Lord O'Neill of Gatley, Commercial Secretary to the Treasury, Her Majesty's Treasury
Purpose of session
The Government's Productivity Plan covers a wide range of areas, including the tax regime for businesses, skills, science and innovation, digital infrastructure, investment and trade. This is the final evidence session for the Committee's inquiry into the Productivity Plan.
What is productivity? BIS Committee launches short video on productivity
The BIS Committee has launched a short video on productivity which touches on what productivity is - put simply, how much the UK economy creates, divided by how much it puts in – and what affects productivity, including how skilled workers are, how easily workers can move to suitable jobs and how good the equipment is that they use to work.