Investigation of the UK energy market examined
31 January 2017
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee holds a one-off session to assess the findings, remedies and implementation of the Competition and Markets Authority's investigation of the UK's Energy Market, with a specific focus on consumers.
- Watch Parliament TV: The CMA's investigation of the UK energy market
- Inquiry: The CMA's investigation of the UK energy market
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
Tuesday 31 January 2017, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Simeon Thornton, Project Director, Competition and Markets Authority
- Susannah Meeke, Remedies Director, Competition and Markets Authority
- Victoria MacGregor, Director of Energy, Citizens Advice
- Pete Moorey, Head of Campaigns, Which?
- Greg Jackson, Chief Executive, Octopus Energy
- Simon Stacey, Managing Director of Domestic Markets, Npower
- Dan Hopcroft, Residential Sales Director, EDF
- Ed Kamm, UK Managing Director, First Utility
Purpose of the session
The session explores key issues affecting the domestic energy market and how the remedies put forward by the CMA will address them.