Off-shore wind industry examined
17 October 2018
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee holds the latest evidence session for its inquiry on Industrial Strategy by looking at the off-shore wind industry.
- Watch Parliament TV: Industrial Strategy: Sector Deals and Productivity inquiry
- Inquiry: Industrial Strategy: Sector Deals and Productivity inquiry
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
This session looks at the potential for a sector-deal for the off-shore wind industry and Government support for the industry more generally.
The Committee's Industrial Strategy inquiry has initially focussed on four sectors: off-shore wind, construction, retail, and hospitality. Over the course of the Parliament, the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee will examine the Government's Industrial Strategy and the effect it has on raising the UK's low productivity.
In the remainder of the Committee's inquiry, the Committee will hear from the construction sector before hearing from Ministers.
Wednesday 17 October, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Benj Sykes, Vice President, Ørsted, and co-Chair of the Offshore Wind Council
- Andrew Jamieson, Chief Executive, ORE Catapult
- Emma Pinchbeck, Executive, Director, RenewableUK