Flight cancellations session: Confirmed witnesses and timings
13 June 2022
British Airways, TUI, and easyJet chiefs, and a Government Minister will be grilled by the cross-party Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Committee about the chaos faced by passengers whose flights were delayed or cancelled over the half-term holiday in an evidence session tomorrow. The Committee will also question unions, aviation industry bodies and consumer watchdogs.
Confirmed witnesses for the session are:
- Simon Calder, travel journalist and broadcaster
- Sue Davies, Head of Consumer Rights and Food Policy, Which?
- Oliver Richardson, National Officer for Civil Air Transport, Unite;
- Karen Dee, Chief Executive, Airports Operators Association;
- Jude Winstanley, Managing Director of UK&I, Swissport
- Danny Brooks, Founder and CEO of Virtual Human Resources Ltd.
- Lisa Tremble, Chief Corporate Affairs and Sustainability Director, British Airways;
- Sophie Dekkers, Chief Operating Officer, easyJet;
- David Burling, CEO Markets and Airlines, Tui
- Robert Courts MP, Minister for Aviation, Maritime and Security, Department for Transport;
- Richard Moriarty, Chief Executive, Civil Aviation Authority
All will be appearing in person.
Image credit: Pixabay