Industry leaders questioned on supply chain disruption
19 October 2021
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee questions representatives of the UK’s haulage, manufacturing and food and drink industries to explore the ongoing issues around supply chain disruption and shortages.
- Watch Parliament TV: The impact of supply chain delays on UK businesses and consumers
- Inquiry: The impact of supply chain delays on UK businesses and consumers
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
Tuesday 19 October 2021
- Duncan Buchanan, Policy Director, Road Haulage Association
- Neil Carberry, Chief Executive, Recruitment and Employment Confederation
- Ian Wright, Chief Executive, Food and Drink Federation
- William Bain, Head of Trade Policy, British Chambers of Commerce
- Martin McTague, Policy and Advisory Chair, Federation of Small Business
- Stephen Phipson, Chief Executive, Make UK
The Committee is likely to ask about the underlying causes of supply chain delays and HGV driver shortages, whether the problems could have been avoided, and what effects those problems will have on consumers and businesses.
Witnesses are also likely to be asked about possible solutions to the current problems, and what contingencies could be put in place to prevent them reoccurring.
Image: Pexels/John Cameron