BEIS Secretary of State questioned on Liberty Steel
15 July 2021
On Tuesday morning from 10.45am, the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Committee will be questioning Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Secretary of State as part of its inquiry into Liberty Steel & the future of steel industry in UK.
- Parliament TV: Liberty Steel and the Future of the UK Steel Industry
- Inquiry: Liberty Steel and the Future of the UK Steel Industry
- Business, Engery and Industrial Strategy Committee
The Liberty Steel evidence session with the Secretary of State will examine a selection of the issues raised during the inquiry, and is likely to cover issues including:
- energy costs;
- decarbonisation; and
- the potential role of state aid and public procurement in supporting the steel industry in the UK.
The Secretary of State will also be questioned on:
- financial support measures for the steel industry;
- audit and corporate governance of private companies; and
- on CLBILS and the British Business Bank.
On Tuesday, the Secretary of State will also be answering questions (from 11.45am) in relation to the Committee’s inquiry into decarbonising heat in homes.
Tuesday 20th July 2021
- Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Secretary of State, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Image: Parliamentary copyright