Middle East report debate
4 July 2017
On 04 July at 2.30pm, the House of Lords debates the International Relations Committee's report from May 2017 – The Middle East: Time for new realism
- Parliament TV: The Middle East: Time for a new realism
- Report: The Middle East: Time for new realism (HTML)
- Report: The Middle East: Time for new realism (PDF)
- Evidence volume: The Middle East: Time for new realism
- Inquiry: The Middle East: Time for new realism
- Select Committee on International Relations
Other Members of the House of Lords who are due to speak in the debate can be viewed in the Speakers' Lists.
The report “The Middle East: Time for New Realism” was published in May 2017 calling for a re-shaping of UK policy. Recommendations included that the UK should recognise there can no longer be automatic reliance on American leadership, or the direction of its policy, that the UK should work on rapprochement with Iran following the nuclear deal, and that the Saudi-led review of UK arms exports is not adequate.
Image: Parliamentary copywright