Regional experts discuss UK-Gulf relations
9 November 2016
The International Relations Committee takes evidence from regional experts on UK-Gulf relations, security and political and social fragmentation.
- Parliament TV: Transformation of power in the Middle East and implications for UK policy
- Inquiry: Transformation of power in the Middle East and implications for UK policy
- International Relations Committee
Wednesday 9 November, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Christopher Davidson, Reader in Middle East Politics, Durham University
- Mr Michael Stephens, Research Fellow Middle East, RUSI
- How has UK policy toward the Gulf States changed following the Arab Spring?
- Can you provide an overview of UK-Gulf economic relations, and their main areas of interest?
- What effect will Brexit have on UK relations with the Gulf states?
- Do you foresee a free trade agreement emerging between the UK and Gulf Cooperation Council post-Brexit?
- How does the nuclear deal with Iran impact the UK's relationship with Gulf States?
- To what extent has the Gulf experienced fragmentation and, if it all, how does this impact the region's security?