Middle East report: one year on
2 May 2018
The International Relations Committee hears from the Minister of State for the Middle East in a follow-up session to the Committee's report 'The Middle East: Time for New Realism'.
- Parliament TV: The Middle East: Time for New Realism Follow-up
- Inquiry: The Middle East: Time for New Realism
- International Relations Committee
Wednesday 2 May, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt. Hon. Alistair Burt MP, Minister of State for the Middle East, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- What is the government's general assessment of developments in the Middle East? How have matters changed since last year?
- What role, if any, can the UK play in improving relations between Gulf States with whom we have good relations, such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE?
- The JCPOA has come under criticism in the USA with suggestions of a ‘revised deal'; what is the Government's view of this development?
- What progress has the UK made in promoting British trade and investment links across the Middle East?
- In our report, we urged for “a new mind-set in policy circles”. Is there evidence this is happening?