*CANCELLED* Peace and security and economic development in Sub-Saharan Africa *CANCELLED*
12 March 2020
The House of Lords International Relations and Defence Committee will this week take evidence on the key peace and security challenges facing Sub-Saharan Africa, and on the role of trade and the private sector in building prosperity.
- Parliament TV: The UK and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Inquiry: The UK and Sub-Saharan Africa - prosperity, peace and development co-operation
- International Relations and Defence Committee
Wednesday 18 March in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Lord Boateng
- Dr Andrew Tchie, Senior Research Fellow and Obasanjo Fellow, Royal United Services Institute
- What are the key challenges to peace and security in the region?
- How important an actor is the African Union in addressing key peace and security challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa, in particular in the Sahel and East Africa?
- How do peace and security challenges affect the economic development of countries in East Africa and the Sahel?
- How could the UK improve its trade relationships in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What role should the private sector play in Sub-Saharan Africa's efforts to reduce poverty?
- Should the Government focus its attention in Sub-Saharan Africa on countries with which the UK has a strong existing and historic relationship?