Brexit and UK space leadership
6 June 2019
The EU Internal Market Sub-Committee asks US-based The Aerospace Corporation for its view on what Brexit means for UK space leadership.
Thursday 6 June, Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Jamie Morin, Vice President, Defense Systems Operations, The Aerospace Corporation
- Gina Galasso, Managing Director, Vaeros Ltd
- Robert Wilson, Policy Analyst, Center for Space Policy and Strategy
Questions likely to be covered in the session include:
- Should the UK prioritise maintaining close cooperation with EU space activities after Brexit, or strengthening cooperation with the globally-dominant US and China?
- What will Brexit mean for the role of the UK Space Agency? How well-equipped is it to meet changing demands?
- Does Brexit have any implications for the UK's small satellite industry?
- What other comparative strengths does the UK have in the global space market?