Impact of Brexit on UK small and medium-sized enterprises examined
26 April 2018
The EU Internal Market Sub-Committee hosts a roundtable discussion on the implications of Brexit for UK small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs.)
Thursday 26 April in Committee Room 4a, Palace of Westminster
- Martin McTague, National Policy Director,Federation of Small Businesses
- Mark Brownridge, Director General, Enterprise Investment Scheme Association
- John Foster, Head of Campaigns, Confederation of British Industry
- Adam Marshall, Director General, British Chambers of Commerce
- Irene Graham, CEO, ScaleUp Institute
- Ian Cass, Managing Director, Forum of Private Business
- Professor John Wilson, Professor of Banking & Finance and the Director of Research at the School of Management, University of St Andrews
- Rob Vivian, CEO, PureComms
- Philip Salter, Director, The Entrepreneurs Network
- Simon Hansford, CEO, UKCloud
Possible questions for witnesses include:
- What have been the main impacts of Brexit on SMEs to date?
- Is there sufficient understanding among UK SMEs that trade in the EU of the implications of operating as 'third country' businesses in the Single Market?
- How well is the Government engaging with the SME sector to help inform their negotiating position on the future UK-EU relationship?
- What steps should the Government take to support start-ups and smaller businesses in the UK generally, and how can the Government help SMEs to take advantage of new trade opportunities after the UK leaves the EU?