European Commission Vice-President gives evidence to online platforms inquiry
3 December 2015
On Thursday 3 December the House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee hears from Andrus Ansip, Vice-President of the European Commission.
- Parliament TV: Online platforms and the EU Digital Single Market
- Inquiry: Online platforms and the EU Digital Single Market
- EU Internal Market Sub-Committee
The evidence session takes place on Thursday 3 December in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster.
- Andrus Ansip, Vice-President of the European Commission
The Lords' EU Internal Market Sub-Committee is carrying out an inquiry examining the benefits and problems caused by online platforms, as embodied by companies such as Amazon, Google, Uber and Airbnb.
Questions which the Vice-President is likely to face include:
- What are the key actions that you think will help digital businesses in Europe to grow?
- Do all Member States share the same vision about the future of the digital economy in Europe?
- Is there sufficient competition between large online platforms at the moment?