Brexit: competition inquiry launches
21 July 2017
The EU Internal Market Sub-Committee launches a new inquiry into UK competition policy after Brexit.
- Call for evidence: Brexit: competition (pdf 244KB)
- Submit written evidence to the inquiry
- Inquiry: Brexit: competition
- EU Internal Market Sub-Committee
The House of Lords EU Committee and its six Sub-Committees are conducting a coordinated series of short inquiries looking at the key issues that will arise in the negotiations on Brexit.
Focus of the inquiry
The inquiry will explore:
- Opportunities and challenges in re-shaping UK competition policy post-Brexit;
- The implications of Brexit for the application and enforcement of competition law in the UK;
- Whether UK authorities have the capacity and resources to cope with additional responsibilities and a greater caseload;
- Potential state aid obligations in any UK-EU free trade agreement;
- Future cooperation between the UK and the EU on investigations and enforcement actions.
The closing date for written submission is Friday 15 September 2017. The Committee will hold oral evidence sessions for the inquiry in September and October 2017.