Minister questioned on EU proposal to end clock changes
24 October 2019
The EU Internal Market Sub-Committee will be asking Kelly Tolhurst MP how the Government is engaging with EU and domestic stakeholders on the proposal to discontinue seasonal time changes in the EU, and what assessment the Government has made of the implications for the UK of aligning or non-aligning with the proposal after Brexit.
- Parliament TV: Discontinuing seasonal changes of time
- Inquiry: Discontinuing seasonal changes of time
- EU Internal Market Sub-Committee
Thursday 24 October, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Kelly Tolhurst MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Small Business, Consumers and Corporate Responsibility), Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Questions likely to be covered in the session include:
- Has the Government had any direct engagement with UK stakeholders, for example road safety, farming, airlines, and so on?
- How would the Government approach assessing competing interests in relation to the UK's time arrangements?
- Do you share the concerns expressed by some of the witnesses to our inquiry that a situation where seasonal changes of time were observed on one side of the Irish border but not the other would adversely impact individuals and businesses?