Senior lawyer and former judge questioned on enforcement and dispute resolution post-Brexit
20 March 2018
The EU Justice Sub-Committee meets a QC and former judge to discuss options for the UK's legal interactions with the EU post-Brexit.
- Parliament TV: Brexit: enforcement and dispute resolution
- Inquiry: Brexit: enforcement and dispute resolution
- EU Justice Sub-Committee
Tuesday 20 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Martin Howe QC, 8 New Square Chambers
- Sir Richard Aikens, former Court of Appeal judge, Brick Court Chambers
Topics for discussion
- Potential alternatives to the CJEU after the UK leaves the EU
- Whether "docking" with the EFTA court is a practical option
- Whether that the UK could use different models of enforcement and dispute resolution to deal with different areas of law e.g. trade, citizens' rights, and justice and home affairs
- Issues for maintaining cooperation on family law and on the European Arrest Warrant.