Legal experts advise on intellectual property and Unified Patent Court
19 October 2018
The EU Justice Sub-Committee holds the first of three evidence sessions on intellectual property (IP) and the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- Parliament TV: intellectual property (IP) and the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- Inquiry: intellectual property and the Unified Patent Court
- EU Justice Sub-Committee
Tuesday 23 October in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Daniel Alexander QC, 8 New Square
- Ms Charlotte May QC, 8 New Square
- Mr Trevor Cook, WilmerHale
Topics for discussion and likely questions
- What will be the impact of Brexit on UK intellectual property rights?
- How prepared is the UK for this impact?
- What Brexit deal would witnesses like to see regarding intellectual property?
- Does Brexit pose any dangers to the protection of intellectual property rights in the UK?
- Are there any positive aspects of Brexit for the protection of intellectual property rights in the UK?
- What is the witnesses' view of the Government's plans for the protection of intellectual property rights in the event of a 'no-deal' scenario?
- Ideally, what Brexit deal would they to like see the Government achieve regarding intelletual property rights?