Enforcement and dispute resolution post-Brexit explored with Ministers
27 March 2018
The House of Lords EU Justice Sub-Committee meets with Lucy Frazer QC MP and Suella Fernandes MP on Tuesday 27 March to discuss the options for enforcement and dispute resolution after Brexit.
- Parliament TV: Brexit: enforcement and dispute resolution
- Inquiry: Brexit: enforcement and dispute resolution
- EU Justice Sub-Committee
Tuesday 27 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Ms Lucy Frazer QC MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice
- Ms Suella Fernandes MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Exiting the European Union
Topics for discussion include:
- What the Government's "red-line" on the CJEU will mean in practice.
- Which options remain if the CJEU and the EFTA Court are ruled out by the Government.
- Who should have jurisdiction over the Withdrawal Agreement.
- The potential for using different agreements for different areas of law e.g. trade, citizens' rights, and justice and home affairs.
- How the UK will avoid the weakening of individual's rights, and how it will retain access to civil justice cooperation.